Friday, August 29, 2008

picture this


The top image is the current "organization" of the garden.  The bottom is what I have settled on for the garden plan.  16 raised beds.  The twelve on the sides are 4 x 8.  The center row is two 4x4 and two 4x7.  In the center of the garden is a 10 x 10 square that will be used as a garden patio with outdoor dining table and chairs - eating the vegetables we grow in the garden while sitting in the garden seems kind of fitting.  Total square footage of planting areas will be 472.

On the left side of the picture, there are grapevines already planted - they produce fruit, but not very much.  So I'll be learning about tending grapes.  On the right side, I'll probably be building a fence and planting some raspberries.  I'm also considering adding another fruit tree to the back right corner.

I'm a little nervous about the cost of framing the beds and setting the patio, probably with brick pavers.  But I do have a birthday coming up.

No comments: